Due to Governor Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order, the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library will be closed until April 13, 2020 at 11:59pm. There will be no services, except digital resources, available to the public during that time.
Curbside pickup is unavailable.
1. Place holds by using the Library’s online catalog at gadml.org. Use your 16 digit barcode and 4 digit password/pin (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number). You can also place items on hold via phone by calling the adult services desk at (989) 837-3449 or the youth services desk at (989) 837-3466.
2. When your items become available, you will receive a notification via your preferred mode of contact, text, phone, or e-mail.
3. Once you have received notification you can pick up materials from the Library between 10 am-6 pm Monday-Friday.
4. Drive to the Library and park next to the auditorium doors in one of the 3 Curbside Pickup parking spots.
5. Once parked in one of the three designated curbside pick-up spots call the circulation desk at (989) 837-3452.
6. Library staff will retrieve your items from the hold shelf and check them out to your account.
7. Library staff will then bring your items out to your vehicle verifying your Library patron account by your birthdate.
8. Once your account has been verified, we hand you your items.
*******Please know that Library staff cannot retrieve items on demand. Items must be placed on hold and retrieved for patrons before they arrive at the Library.
Example of Curbside Pickup sign located near auditorium doors.