Reading Programs and Activities
Reading Inspires Lifelong Learning!
We want to keep adults, teens, and kids engaged in reading throughout their life. We offer reading programs and challenges designed to encourage reading and make it fun!
You can participate in our reading programs through Beanstack, which is our free online service that offers book and activity logging.
Show us how much you love to read by participating in one of our programs!
READY TO START A READING PROGRAM?
March is Reading Month! Read to win from March 1 - April 30. Log your reading in the Beanstack app or online at gadml.beanstack.org for a chance to win a prize.
We'll draw for prizes when the month is over!
• Ages 0-36 months: Prize Basket
• Age 3-Grade 3: Kindle Fire HD 8 Kids Pro
• Grade 4-12: Kindle Fire HD 8
• Adult: Kindle Fire HD 8
Two runners-up in each age group will win a gift card to a local business!
Ten ways to earn entries into the prize drawing:
• Complete a color set (there are 8 total!)
• Complete all four corner challenges
• Complete four MYSTERY challenges
• GADML Bookopoly entries must be logged in Beanstack between March 1 and April 30, 2022.
• Books and Audiobooks may be logged. Each title may only be used for one category.
• Books read aloud may be logged. Bookopoly is open to local readers and listeners of all ages.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
It is never too early to start your little one on the road to reading! The “1000 books Before Kindergarten” program encourages you to spend time sharing books with your little ones while building critical early literacy skills before he or she starts school. Start your child’s journey today. Simply register in Beanstack and enroll in “1000 books Before Kindergarten!”
Beanstack is a free online service that offers an innovative new way to connect children and their families with books and educational reading activities that match each person’s interests, ages and reading level. It also includes book and activity logging, badges and registration for all members of the family under one account.